Appications of Remote Sensing and GIS are as follows:
Land Use and Land Cover Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS:
- Classification of Landuse and Landcover.
- Change Detection Studies.
- Remote sensing and GIS for wetland inventory mapping and change analysis.
- Study on Effects of canal irrigation on LULC patterns
Agricultural Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS:
- Crop acreage estimation.
- Crop health monitoring.
- Phenological studies.
- Precision agriculture.
- Estimation of crop produce using crop harvest models.
- Assessment of land suitability for agriculture using remote sensing and GIS.
- Assessment of plant production response to climate change.
- Characterization of soil salinity in irrigated agriculture using remote sensing approach.
- Surface soil moisture estimation using remote sensing techniques.
- Remote sensing of nitrogen and water stress problems in Wheat crop.
Water resource Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS:
- Distributed Hydrological Modelling
- Rainfall monitoring
- Watershed modelling
- Reservoir volume studies
- Evaoporation estimation
- Urban Drainage modelling using remote sensing and GIS.
- Identification of ground water recharge potential zones using remote sensing and GIS.
Oceanographic Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS:
- Identification of Potential fishing zones.
- Study of sea surface temperature.
- Ocean colour monitoring studies.
- Study of algal blooms.
- Shore line mapping.
- Study of oil spills in oceans and seas.
Urban and Regional Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS:
- Urban Sprawl Analysis
- Realization of tax and revenue collection.
Environmental Applications of Remote sensing and GIS:
- Study of Urban Heat islands.
- Landfill site identification using remote sensing and GIS.
- Study of trace gas concentrations.
- Study of glacial mass balance.
Disaster management Applications of Remote sensing and GIS:
- Landslide hazard zonation using remote sensing and GIS.
- Flood modelling and inundation studies.
- Cyclone effects study over a region.
- Forest fire mapping using remote sensing and GIS.
- Early drought warning system using remote sensing data and GIS.
- Remote sensing based damage detection post earth quake.
Business Application of Remote Sensing and GIS:
- Quantification of insurance premium based on risk assessment.
- Identification of suitable areas for construction of shopping mall or business centers.